The South Wigston Chamber is a group of like-minded business owners and representatives with common goals, who meet regularly in an attempt to maximise business conditions and opportunities in South Wigston for the benefit of members.
With regards to retail, the group aims to support each other, collaborate and work together on ideas and projects to increase footfall and therefore improve trade. In the past, for example, members have been involved organising ‘Christmas Capers’-South Wigston’s very own Christmas celebration event which draws-in crowds from across the borough.
As a Chamber (and therefore a recognised official group) they are also considered an official stakeholder (consultee) when local authorities and agencies consult on projects, highway repairs and improvements. They are also the first to hear of any relevant Oadby and Wigston Borough Council news, due to their close working links. Working together as a group enables it to bid for funding which business owners wouldn’t be eligible for as individuals all because the Chamber is a legal entity.
Membership to the Chamber is open to all businesses (including retail, offices, leisure or commercial) in South Wigston for a small monthly fee. This money covers admin and running costs but is also reserved for special projects or occasions such as ‘Christmas Capers’ or local publicity.
The Chamber is happy to talk to anybody who may be interested in joining them in their cause. The more people that become involved means:
• the wider the spread of business sectors covered
• the more strength the group has to influence relevant parties
• the more physical resources (and South Wigston ambassadors) the group has to publicise the area
• the more money the group has to spend on additional projects
• that external funding applications are more likely to be successful because there will be more beneficiaries to ‘benefit’ from funding thereby providing better ‘value for money’ for the funders.
If you’re interested in joining and having your say please contact:
Chair: Chris Wright (Eric Wright Carpets, Blaby Road) Tel: 0116 2783241
Vice-chair: Carl Walter (Rainforest Reptiles) Tel: 07880 715656
Tresurer: Rob Elliott (Heating and Bathroom Studio, Blaby Road) Tel@ 0116 2770005
Join Us Today